Filed Under Architecture

The John Hauck House

The John Hauck House

An Italianate mansion which was the former home of brewery owner John Hauck.

The elegant, stone-fronted Hauck townhouse on Dayton Street’s “Millionaire’s Row” was CPA’s first office, with a museum housed on the first floor. The elaborate Victorian interior is filled with exquisite murals, wood trim and plasterwork. CPA now uses the house for programs and workshops, utilizing the ongoing restoration as a case study.

Built c. 1870 for coal dealer John Skaats, the house was purchased in the 1880s by beer baron John Hauck, whose brewery was located a block away. CPA is proud to be the steward of this Cincinnati landmark.

Location

812 Dayton Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 | The site is not open for regular hours but events are held. Watch Cincinnati Preservation’s website for information on upcoming workshops and lectures.

Metadata

Www.cincinnatipreservation.org
Cincinnati Preservation Association, “The John Hauck House,” Cincinnati Sites and Stories, accessed October 5, 2022, http://stories.cincinnatipreservation.org/items/show/1.